Dates available: Cohort thirteen: 4, 5, 11, 12 June 2024, Cohort fourteen in October
Times each day: 09:30 – 16:30 with regular breaks and an hour for lunch
Delivered: Live online over 4 days, via Zoom
Price: As this course is funded by NHS England, there are no costs to your service to attend, and you must be able to commit to all 4 days of the training and associated coursework.
About this course
This 4-day IPS leadership training course is funded by NHS England and designed for IPS team leaders or supervisors working in secondary mental health services.
Developed by Centre for Mental Health, Social Finance and IPS Grow, this course focuses on the core knowledge and key skills required to establish and lead high performing IPS services.
Delivered live online across 4 days, this course uses a mixture of presentation, group work, digital breakout rooms, polls, coursework, action learning sets, self-directed learning and individual learning logs.
The training will cover:
- The leadership role of employment supervisor/team leader
- Specialist skills development for employment specialists and the wider team
- Measuring and improving outcomes for clients
- Managing culture, reducing stigma, and addressing bias
- Coaching, supervision and support for employment specialists and the wider team, including peer supervision
- Building personal relationships with clients and colleagues
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Dealing with challenges and problem solving in IPS
- Working across teams, services, and organisations
- Understanding the IPS client base and assessing/managing risks.
- Evaluating impact of the IPS service, governance, planning and development
- Research, evaluation, and development of the IPS service
Eligibility and how to apply
As this course is funded by NHS England you will need to be a team leader in an NHS trust delivering an IPS service for people in secondary mental health services. This course is open to both NHS staff and third sector providers.
Please only apply for the cohort in which you can attend all dates. Once we have received applications we will begin offering places and ask you to confirm your attendance.
As places for this course are limited and in high demand, we ask that you do not cancel your place without justifiable reason once you have confirmed. If you do cancel, we are unlikely to be able to offer you a place on a future cohort.
In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course.
Completion of the application form indicates your acceptance of these terms.