About this course
If you don’t feel confident about approaching employers, then you are not alone! Employer Engagement is considered the most daunting aspect of the role by many Employment Specialists.
This virtual course will provide you with a toolkit to help you feel more confident about approaching employers on behalf of your clients.
This course is ideal for anyone supporting people with mental health conditions into employmentincluding: Employment specialists, Supervisors, occupational therapists and vocational support workers.
The training will cover:
- Planning your engagement
- Developing your introduction to employers
- How to use the “Three cups of tea” method effectively
- Small vs large businesses
- Role play activities to practice and develop your introductory statement
- How to talk about the benefits of your IPS service to employers
- How to progress meetings onto the next stage
- Applying for existing jobs vs job development using employer engagement
- Managing employers’ concerns via role play scenarios
- When and how to share personal information with employers (disclosure)
15 November 2022
09:30 – 16:30 with regular breaks and one hour for lunch
Virtually via Zoom
£210 + VAT per person (£252 total)
We accept payment by invoice only.
Any confirmed booking which is subsequently cancelled by the delegate or their organisation within less than 2 weeks’ notice is subject to full payment. Cancellation with less than 3 weeks’ notice is subject to 50% payment. In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course or a full refund. To this effect we advise delegates to book refundable travel and accommodation.
Completion of the booking form indicates your acceptance of these terms.
How to book
Please click the “book” button below
For more Information please contact: