DOING WHAT WORKS: TRAINING FOR EMPLOYMENT SPECIALISTS
Dates: 30 & 31 March 2023
Times both days: 09:30 – 16:30 with regular breaks and one hour for lunch
Delivered: Live online via Zoom
Price: £370 + VAT per person (£444 total)
About this course
Aimed at new employment specialists, this course will help you to set up an effective IPS service and support people into work using the IPS model. Delivered virtually, this fun and interactive course uses a mixture of presentation, group work, breakout rooms, polls, pre-work and homework.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) has been internationally recognised for over two decades as the most effective method of supporting people with severe mental illness into sustainable, competitive employment.
This training course is ideal for new employment specialists who want to use IPS model to increase paid job outcomes for people with mental health conditions.
The training will cover:
- The 8 principles of IPS
- Marketing the IPS service
- The research evidence for the effectiveness of IPS
- Working with the NHS clinical teams to obtain referrals
- Integrating the clinical and employment teams
- Providing benefits advice
- Vocational profiling and ongoing assessment
- Vocational action planning with the service user
- Collaborating with other employment agencies
- Developing relationships with potential employers
- Job carving
- Overcoming barriers to employment
- Providing on-going support for the employer and the service user
- Case studies
- Overcoming local challenges and issues
- Ongoing personal development as an employment specialist
This course is accredited and certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles. Certificate number A014503.
“This is one of the best training courses I have attended on Zoom. I would highly recommend this course. [The trainers] are excellent facilitators and explained everything really well. They also ensured that everyone was involved and engaged”.
We accept payment by invoice only.
Any confirmed booking which is subsequently cancelled by the delegate or their organisation within less than 2 weeks’ notice is subject to full payment. Cancellation with less than 3 weeks’ notice is subject to 50% payment. In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course or a full refund. Completion of the booking form indicates your acceptance of these terms.
How to book
Please click the “Book” button below.
For more Information please contact: