DOING WHAT WORKS: TRAINING FOR EMPLOYMENT SPECIALISTS
About this course
Aimed at new Employment Specialists, this live online interactive course teaches how to support people into work using the Individual Placement and Support model. If you are not directly delivering IPS and are interested in how IPS services work, you may want to have a look at our alternate course “Supporting What Works”.
Dates: 16 & 17 March 2023
Times both days: 09:30 – 16:30 with regular breaks and one hour for lunch
Delivered: Live online via Zoom
Price: £370 + VAT per person (£444 total)
This fun and interactive course uses a mixture of presentation, group work, breakout rooms, polls, pre-work and homework.
The training will cover:
- The 8 principles of IPS
- Marketing the IPS service
- The research evidence for the effectiveness of IPS
- Working with the NHS clinical teams to obtain referrals
- Integrating the clinical and employment teams
- Providing benefits advice
- Vocational profiling and ongoing assessment
- Vocational action planning with the service user
- Collaborating with other employment agencies
- Developing relationships with potential employers
- Job carving
- Overcoming barriers to employment
- Providing on-going support for the employer and the service user
- Case studies
- Overcoming local challenges and issues
- Ongoing personal development as an employment specialist
We accept payment by invoice only.
Any confirmed booking which is subsequently cancelled by the delegate or their organisation within less than 2 weeks’ notice is subject to full payment. Cancellation with less than 3 weeks’ notice is subject to 50% payment. In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course or a full refund. Completion of the booking form indicates your acceptance of these terms.
How to book
Please click the “Book” button below.
For more Information please contact: