Dates available: April to June. Full list of dates are provided in the application form.
Price: As this course is funded by NHS England, there are no costs to your service to attend.
About this course
Are you a team leader looking to develop your team’s skills in employer engagement?
Are you looking for ways to motivate your team to go out and meet local employers?
This training is designed for team leaders and senior employment specialists and will provide you with the tools to grow your team’s skills and confidence in how they approach employers and build relationships in order to make the perfect job match. The training will explore techniques used in mentoring and coaching to help you develop your team’s approach to employer engagement.
This 3-part training programme is funded by NHS England and has been developed by Centre for Mental Health, Social Finance and IPS Grow and comprises:
1. Live-online course:
- What prevents an employment specialist from doing employer engagement and how to overcome this
- Gaining buy-in from your team
- Techniques to help your team engage with employers
- The psychology of engaging and influencing employers
- Mentoring and coaching your team to create employment specialist champions
- Why we do employer engagement
2. A half-day in the field:
- You will practice the techniques of employer engagement, mentoring and coaching, guided by an expert trainer.
3. Live-online group coaching session:
- Reflect on the training and to work through challenges, devise solutions and share successes of the training programme.
As this training programme is funded by NHS England you will need to be a team leader in an NHS trust delivering an IPS service for people in secondary mental health services. This training is open to both NHS staff and third sector providers.
You must attend all 3 parts of the training programme. Missing any part will result in withdrawal from the remaining sessions, as each segment builds upon the knowledge gained in the previous one.
Due to limited availability and high demand, we kindly request that you refrain from cancelling your confirmed spot.
In the rare event that the Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a rescheduled course date.
By completing the application form, you indicate your acceptance of these terms.