Conducting IPS Supervisions
Dates: 26 September 2023 – this course is sold-out
Times each day: 09:30 – 16:30 with regular breaks
Delivered: Live online via Zoom
Price: £210 + VAT per person (£252 total)
About this course
Are you new to providing supervision or are you looking to enhance your supervision skills?
Conducting supportive and effective client-based supervision can increase overall job satisfaction of those you supervise, and in turn work towards achieving a high-fidelity IPS service, where IPS clients are successfully supported to secure and maintain jobs they want.
This course will help you develop your skills in providing excellent supervision to motivate and support employment specialists, giving structure and direction in how they can support IPS clients into work.
This course is aimed at anyone who carries out client-based supervisions to support employment specialists and provides the knowledge, understanding and practical tools required to deliver effective IPS supervision.
The training will cover:
- The different types of individual supervision and how to provide them
- Group supervisions; how to prepare for and run them
- Working with different personalities
- Adapting your approach to suit each employment specialist’s background/experience
- Field mentoring, tailored to match each employment specialist’s needs
- How to deliver effective feedback
- Modelling IPS good practice and helping supervisees overcome challenges/barriers to achieving it
- Harnessing help from multidisciplinary team members
- Providing additional in-the-field support
“I am excited to share all that I have learnt, everything is useful moving forward.”
“I would definitely recommend the training to anyone else conducting supervisions.”
We accept payment by invoice only.
Any confirmed booking which is subsequently cancelled by the delegate or their organisation within less than 2 weeks’ notice is subject to full payment. Cancellation with less than 3 weeks’ notice is subject to 50% payment. In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course or a full refund. Completion of the booking form indicates your acceptance of these terms.