Centre for Mental Health works with local authorities, clinical commissioning groups and mental health service providers to help them understand local needs and how to meet them effectively.
We provide independent evidence-based advice on what has the best chance of making a difference to mental health, wellbeing and life chances, and how to get best value from local commissioning. We have a history of supporting new ways of working, to improve outcomes and embed high quality research into policy, practice and local strategies.
You produced a result of very high quality indeed, which has resonated with elected members, officers, commissioners and most importantly children, young people, parents and professionals who work most closely with them.
Our Director of Public Health and the CAMHS Review Team here speak very, very highly of the work your colleagues have done. We are much in your debt for the painstaking quality and thoroughness of your work, and the children and young people of Hertfordshire will be the better for it.
Teresa Heritage (County Councillor, Hertfordshire)
We can support your area with a Needs Assessment, Service Review, and strategic support to embed evidence into local strategies and pathways. Our experts can:
- Identify priorities for action based on local need, the evidence for the most effective approaches to meeting it, and the extent of existing provision;
- Engage commissioners, communities, and service providers to sense check findings and assure their quality and relevance;
- Review all local and national documentation to ensure that local arrangements align with best practice and national policies;
- Design structures based on local resources with clear mechanisms for community and service user involvement in co-producing solutions to better meet need;
- Develop evidence-based, actionable recommendations for the ideal multi-sector governance structure for implementing and monitoring mental health strategies;
- Work alongside partners using a side-by-side consultancy model that offers responsive, brave and relevant thought leadership.
For more information about how the Centre can help local areas to improve mental health support and become more sustainable, please contact Jenny Banks at email@example.com