Self-assessment and regular review of action plans are excellent methods for continuously improving IPS services. However, most commissioners now require providers to assure the quality of IPS services through independent review. An Independent Fidelity Review will confirm the scoring of your service according to the IPS Fidelity Scale.
Centre for Mental Health and our associates have carried out over 40 independent fidelity reviews across the UK.
By working with the Centre as an independent partner, you will have access to a team of experts who bring up-to-date knowledge of national and international best practice and can benchmark your services against similar provision across the UK.
During an independent fidelity review, the Centre will:
- Examine documentary evidence
- Interview clinicians, service users, employment specialists, team leaders and NHS senior staff
- Substantiate your score against the IPS Fidelity Scale
- Assure the quality of the organisation and delivery of your IPS service
Our Independent Fidelity reviews are available from £2,200 plus VAT.
If you would like to talk to us about how we can help your organisation measure and improve the quality of your IPS service, please contact Jan Hutchinson at email@example.com
IPS Centres of Excellence
Employment services that achieve a good or exemplary IPS fidelity score may be invited to be an IPS Centre of Excellence.
Centre for Mental Health brought the Centres of Excellence network together in response to requests to see best practice in operation. We created a platform to recognise providers of high fidelity IPS as beacon sites, to share their experience and best practice with new start-ups. There are currently 18 IPS Centres of Excellence.
The IPS Fidelity Scale
The Fidelity Scale is the translation of the eight principles into 25 items that a service can be scored against. The higher the score, the greater the quality of the IPS service and the higher the expected job outcomes. The Fidelity Scale is an excellent tool for:
- Designing an Individual Placement and Support service
- Determining the extent to which an existing employment service is an IPS service
- Identifying the potential causes of a poorly performing employment service
Find out more and download assessment tool from our IPS Fidelity Scale page.