IPS Team Leader Training
About this course
We are thrilled to announce a new 4 day IPS Leadership training course, commissioned by Health Education England and designed for IPS Team Leaders or IPS Supervisors working in secondary Mental Health services.
Developed in collaboration with Centre for Mental Health, Social Finance and IPS Grow, this course focuses on the core knowledge and key skills required to establish and lead high performing IPS services.
This new IPS Team Leader Training is being delivered virtually across 4 days using a mixture of presentation, group work, digital breakout rooms, polls, coursework, action learning sets, self-directed learning and individual learning logs.
We are running this course three times in 2021, with the first cohort of training starting on 26 May. As this course is commissioned by HEE, there are no costs to attend this training course but you must be able to commit to all days of the training. The second course will be in July.
Who is this training for?
Aimed primarily at new Team Leaders, this course will cover the key aspects of the role and how to create and sustain a high quality IPS service.
You will need to be an IPS Team Leader in an NHS Trust delivering an IPS Service for people in secondary Mental Health services. This course is open to both NHS staff and Third Sector providers.
How is it delivered?
This course is delivered virtually via Zoom across 4 days plus two follow-up action learning sets. Delegates should set aside time to complete additional coursework.
What does the training course cover?
- The leadership role of employment supervisor/ team leader.
- Specialist skills development for employment specialists and the wider team.
- Measuring and improving outcomes for clients.
- Managing culture, reducing stigma, and addressing bias.
- Coaching, supervision and support for employment specialists and the wider team, including peer supervision.
- Building personal relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Multi-disciplinary team working.
- Dealing with challenges and problem solving in IPS.
- Working across teams, services, and organisations.
- Understanding the IPS client base and assessing/managing risks.
- Evaluating impact of the IPS service, governance, planning and development.
- Ensuring client safety.
- Research, evaluation, and development of the IPS service.
4 day course: 26, 27 May & 02, 03 June 2021, 09:30 - 16:30 (with an hour lunch break)
Follow-up action learning sets: 08 July and 07 Sept 2021, 14:00 - 16:00
4 day course: 06, 07, 13 & 14 July 2021, 09:30 - 16:30 (with an hour lunch break)
Follow-up action learning sets: 10 Aug and 14 Oct 2021, 14:00 - 16:00
4 day course: 12, 13, 19 & 20 Oct 2021, 09:30 - 16:30 (with an hour lunch break)
Follow-up action learning sets: 16 Nov 20201 and 12 Jan 2022, 14:00 - 16:00
Virtually via Zoom
As this course is commissioned by HEE, there are no costs to attend, but you must be able to commit to all days of the training plus the two action learning sets.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for a place.
Please only apply for the cohort in which you can attend all dates. Once we have received applications we will begin offering places and ask you to confirm your attendance.
As places for this course are limited and in high demand, we ask that you do not cancel your place without justifiable reason once you have confirmed. If you do cancel, we are unlikely to be able to offer you a place on a future cohort.
In the unlikely event that Centre for Mental Health needs to cancel a course, delegates will be offered a guaranteed place on the next available course.
Completion of the application form indicates your acceptance of these terms.
For more Information please contact: