You are invited to attend Regional Workshops hosted by NHS England where the results of the recent IPS baseline audit will be explained, along with guidance on how to bid for the forthcoming NHS England funding available to double national access to IPS.
- As a response to one of the recommendations in the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health, NHS England has committed to doubling access of Individual Placement and Support (IPS) services by 2020/21 enabling people with SMI to find and retain employment.
- Transformation funding will be available to STPs to expand access to IPS (bids likely to be requested in Q3-Q4 17/18, with funding allocated from April 2018).
- NHS Benchmarking and the Centre for Mental Health have undertaken an audit of IPS services in the country, to allow us to understand baseline provision and findings will be presented at this workshop.
- Increased understanding of the IPS model and how it can be implemented in practice;
- Validating results of the national IPS audit;
- Understanding of what will be required in order to successfully bid for the NHS England transformation funding;
- Increased potential for collaboration around IPS within an STP footprint
Commissioners, service providers, STP leads for employment and mental health, local authorities, third sector providers (or prospective providers), IPS specialists and managers.
Delegates should attend the event for their own region, as the results presented will be tailored to each area. Workshop dates and contact details to book your place are listed below:
- Bristol: 20 September (morning), Engineers House, The Promenade, Bristol, BS8 3NB. To book a place, please email Sarah Amani at email@example.com
- London: 21 September (morning), Broadway House Conference Centre, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NQ. To book a place, please email Sarah Amani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlands & East region:
- Birmingham: 22 September (morning), Jurys Inn Birmingham, 245 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HQ. To book a place, please email Mary Parfitt at email@example.com
- Cambridge: 3 October (morning), Belfry Hotel, Back Lane, Cambridge, CB23 6BW. To book a place, please email Fiona Cummings at Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeds: 26 September (morning), venue TBC. To book a place, please email Kim Thompson at email@example.com
- London: 13 October (afternoon), Wellington House, 133-155 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8UG. To book a place, please email Beth McGeever at firstname.lastname@example.org